We understand that toddlers are growing rapidly and need a safe environment that supports their development and natural curiosity. Toddlers begin to participate in structured activities that are designed to encourage the development of their fine and gross motor skills, communication skills, and early literacy skills – all through hands-on activities and play! Our toddler program is structured to provide consistency, but schedules are purposefully designed to be flexible. Teachers plan activities and routines to respond to children’s needs and interests. We use the Creative Curriculum which was written with the Ohio’s infant and Toddler Guidelines.
Each day, a daily report is sent home, summarizing your child’s day at Toddler Tech. In addition, our staff maintains an assessment portfolio for each child, which tracks developmental progress using photographs, checklists and work samples. Children’s portfolios are stored in the classroom and are always available for parents to review.
Our Toddler Program features:
- Toddlers are provided a safe environment that supports their development stages and natural curiosity.
- Activities are responsive to the children’s needs and interests.
- Parents are provided with a daily report summarizing their child’s day
- Staff maintains a portfolio on each child, which tracks developmental progress using photographs, checklists and work samples.
- Low teacher to child ratio of 1:7
- Daily activities include music, stories, rhymes, creative arts, and gross motor activities and more.
- Gross Motor area allows toddlers to practice climbing, jumping, crawling, pedaling bikes and more.
- Toddlers enjoy outside activities in an enclosed separate play area with age appropriate equipment.
- Staff supports children in developing self help skills such as toilet training, dressing and independent feeding.